Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Letter to the Lady Hope

Dear Hope,
It feels like such a long time since I last saw you. I know it's only been a few months, but it feels like an eternity since you last showed your face. I have to say, I had a wonderful summer, and I pray this letter finds you in high spirits!
 
    I spend all my weekends at the bar. I am getting a nice neon tan and you can no longer say I am paler than you. I have been exploring lots of new ideas, such as, juggling, balancing, and building a nice collection of sea shells. Just this past weekend I took second place in a sandcastle building contest! 

It seems I have landed myself a job! I drive a mobile poetry truck around and sell immorality to the polished aristocrat. It is so cool. It is a combination of the two things I love most, limericks and malfeasance. The pay isn't too great but I love the job so much. 

I hope the summer went quite well for you too. There's only a few months left in two-thousand and ten and after that it's back to reality and resolutions. Would you like to meet up some time before the New Year?



Your friend,
Ms. Monika A. Mock

No comments:

Post a Comment